Calee M. Lee holds her BFA from New York University and her MA from California State University, Fullerton. She has worked extensively as a freelance writer, editor and video producer. Calee lives and works in Southern California and attends Saint Paul’s Greek Orthodox Church in Irvine, California with her husband and two children.
Calee’s books include, The Queen and the Cats: A Story of Saint Helena and the edited collection We Love BUGS: 31 Classic Insect Poems for Kids.
Serious Calee Facts:
- The 2009 trip to Cyprus that inspired The Queen and the Cats was blogged for the Orthodox Christian Network.
- I’ve been a working writer for the last 8 years since I received my BFA from NYU.
- I love being an early-adopter when it comes to new technological means of distributing content. Example: I wrote and directed one of the very first video “web series” before they were even called that. It was viewed by over a hundred thousand people in 2006 and led to some surprising friendships with fans from all over the world.
- My husband and I converted to Orthodox Christianity in 2007, 5 days before our daughter was born.
- I was part of the Generation Orthodox podcast aired on the Icon New Media Network and the Orthodox Christian Network from 2008-2009.
Fun Calee Facts:
- I love doing craft projects with my daughter. Unfortunately, my drawing skills extend to pumpkins, stick people and rainbows.
- I hate traveling but my gypsy blood seems to necessitate it.
- Even though I loved New York and I loved living the rural life, my heart belongs to the suburbs.
- My favorite thing in the world just might be reading a book, poolside.
caleemlee ##@## gmail.com